SickChill and Truenas

I posted this on Discord SickChill and I figured I'd post this here as well as to hope it works for other people and maybe, just maybe someone who is smarter then me can fix the SickChill install for TrueNas for the many other people who like the software but can't get it to install.

1. I have an update for the people using TrueNas and trying to get Sickchill to work by installing the plugin.

2. [1:01 PM]
    I had luck installing the plugin, and then logging in with putty typing jls to see what number Sickchill is installed in typing jexec and the number displayed to log into sickchill

3. [1:03 PM]
    Then i typed cd usr/local/etc/rc.d to goto that directory and typed ee sickchill

4. [1:04 PM]
    So editing the sickchill file I went to the bottom of the file after run_rc_command "$1" and on the next line i typed ./usr/local/bin/python3 /usr/local/app/sickchill/SickChill.py

5. [1:05 PM]
    Then Press ESC once a to leave editor, and then a to save copy.

6. [1:06 PM]
    Then type cd /

7. [1:06 PM]
    and then i re typed ./usr/local/bin/python3 /usr/local/app/sickchill/SickChill.py

8. [1:08 PM]
    This manually starts Sickchill in your putty window and it takes its sweet ass time installing the software and eventually runs a copy that you can log in with whatever address Truenas made for it.

9. [1:10 PM]
    I am not sure why as I am not good at Truenas, but this seems to work. once the program installs and you can access it with the web (takes forever) then logging into Sickchill on the website and telling it to shut down. Works. Shut down putty and I reboot my TrueNas server and wait, and wait and wait. and It should boot up SickChill. Now I had an error that it can't find git. What i found worked for me is hover the gear on the website click general and then advanced settings

10. [1:10 PM]
    Git executable path i typed in this /usr/local/bin/git

11. [1:11 PM]
    And then I rebooted sickchill in the sickchill website and that message went away.

12. [1:13 PM]
    I wish someone with more knowledge could help us poor non programmer type people do this a better way as I know this is a hack but it works. Why can't we get the Truenas plug in edited some how to make it runnable by clicking to install. I am sure whatever I am doing to make it work could just as easy be figured out to make the software just work. as I love this software, I donated 100$ Canadian for the wonderful software.

13. [1:17 PM]
    Please anyone who tries this tell me if it works on their end. I have a very old copy of sickchill that runs still and I have been using it to get my fix of things. I have been bothered by the new TrueNas (I upgraded from freenas) and I know If i click update on my old copy of sickchill it will bork the install. So I have been very careful not to click update. I want the new version of sickchill to work (as I think finally it will work now) as the old copy I have is Install: pip Version: v2020.09.28-2 Database Version: 44.5 Its pretty old and has issues.

hertzsae

Contributor
Commenting because I saw you haven't had a response. I got tired of trying to get sickchill to upgrade after they went to python 3. I switched to sonarr and have been happy ever since. I was able to import my watchlist which made it nice and easy.

marcevan

Patron
Funny, I'm ready to drop Sonarr like 8th period French.

Something about certs but since Plex, Trans are working just dandy, and only Sonarr cannot do basicly anything for me, I was going to try SickChill.

hertzsae

Contributor
Sickchill was struggling on BSD for a while, but that was at least a year ago. I have no opinion on where its currently at.

There were some forum posts a few weeks ago talking about sonarr cert issues. They may be resolved if you update. I had originally installed mine manually by downloading files and then updating through the GUI. I noticed that they finally had a newish package on ports. A week or two ago, I installed sonarr from scratch from the ports pkg in its own jail. It's worked flawlessly. So happy that everything is properly supported on ports now. If you didn't install from there and you have your config in its own dataset (like you should!), then I would at least try a re-install to the ports version.