Why are Transmission, SABnzbd, & Sickchill, No longer supported plugins ?

Snow

Patron
Why are Transmission, SABnzbd, Sickchill, no longer support I love Sickchill and SABnzbd. Is this planned thing or will they not make it back in to plugin line up?I mean I have been making my own jails so I pretty much do not need the plugin, but for new comer's the plugin are way for them to get their foot in the door.

Before they know more about freenas and the commands & permissions. Pretty much the plugins allows newer FreeNasers easy way's to install. Some of the most basic programs a nas would have. Also there are ton's of guides on how to set them up.

Last edited:

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator
I cannot say for certain, but it may be one of two things, depending. If you speak of the newer 11.3 beta, there may be changes and support will exist when those plugins are updated to match whatever is different for 11.3. The other possible reason may be more likely, that such things need maintainers just as FreeBSD ports need to have people to keep them up-to-date and functioning for FreeBSD.

I agree with your thoughts about how having a plugin lowers the entry struggle for some newer FreeNAS users and can be a selling point while their lack can be the opposite. I hope whatever the reasons, there is clarity forthcoming from those who know exactly what is going on regarding any presently non-supported plugins. It could also just as easily be a matter of updates to the plugins themselves with regard to the version available in FreeBSD ports.