Sharing problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but I´m a noob at FreeNAS so.

Okay look i dont know if you want to help me because Im real stupid at FreeNAS.
I got now 3 VMs:
  • 1 Windows 7 (CIFS)
  • 1 Server 2012(ISCSI)
  • 1 Ubuntu(NFS)
Each of them got a own directory.
  1. Now the aim is that the Clients from Win7 can see the drive of the Server and from Ubuntu.
  2. The Server can see the drive of the Win7 and Ubuntu
  3. The Ubuntu can see the drive of the Win7 and Server
1. To get an access to the drive from the Server I built a new drive via CIFS and named it at the same as like the Server 2012 drive. Is this false? Also I cant see the drive from the Ubuntu, and I dont know why.
2. I can see the drive of the Win7 but now from the Ubuntu. I dont know why
3. I see the drive from the Win7. But I cant mount my drive. I get the notification "access denied while server mounting....."
I tried everything, I googled every problem and installed each packages (f.eg nfs-common).

Im really new at that and im now really frustated. Can you help me please?

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
You are completely doing this wrong.

Create a volume consisting of all your drives. Preferred configuration would be a raidz2.

Create datasets for whatever you need. These are to be thought of as "partitions" if you were using Windows.

What is the purpose of the server 2012 VM? You can create a SMB share on FreeNAS and all the VMS can see it. Or you can create multiple SMB shares. It's up to you. The thing you need to realize is that you have to stop thinking about it being "a disk per VM". Your FreeNAS can handle all the duties of filesharing, since that's what a NAS freaking does.

Create a share on FreeNAS. SMB. Then every VM can see that share. You are making this overly complicated and you don't understand what you are doing. Keep it simple.

So just to do it right
I create one Volume with 3 datasets

For all Vms I create one SMB Share or if I want to, I create 3.

That sounds more simple than I thought.

Hi
Wanted to say 1000 times thank you for everything. I know im stupid but you helped me alot.
Maybe a question:
I wanted to Mount my nfs share in Ubuntu and typed this in the terminal:
Mount 192.168.1.130:/mnt/Share/NFS_Share /home/Share
After that, I get the following error message if I want to go to "files".
Unhandled error message: Error when getting Information for file /home/user1: So such file or Directory.

What do I have to do?

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Hi
Wanted to say 1000 times thank you for everything. I know im stupid but you helped me alot.
Maybe a question:
I wanted to Mount my nfs share in Ubuntu and typed this in the terminal:
Mount 192.168.1.130:/mnt/Share/NFS_Share /home/Share
After that, I get the following error message if I want to go to "files".
Unhandled error message: Error when getting Information for file /home/user1: So such file or Directory.

What do I have to do?
That isn't the right command. You need to search how to create a cifs mount under Linux. Start by installing cifs_utils then try mount -t cifs \\\\ip:/path/src /destination/path

What are you building this system for? I hope you are just playing around and this isn't real.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.