Cif

Status
Not open for further replies.

yam6001206

Cadet
CIFS,User and group

Hi all

I discovered and tested FreeNAS 8.0.3, I've had no problem with Install and config network.

Made against it by two days I snap their teeth on the CIFS share. Let me explain:

I am a home network that has 2 PCs seven, a FreeNas (test phase), mobile client.
I want to set up folder shares, for each "users" and a personal home, with write permissions.

Then I want to create different folder that I share, according to groups defined. (Grpadmin, GRPusers, GRPpublic)
All this so you can access them from any Windows sessions by connecting a network drive.

But problems, I can not or do not understand how to achieve

My diagram:
User1 = home with write access, access to the shared folder P1, P2, P3 with write permissions
= Same as user2 user1
Same user1 user3 =
User4 = no home, access to the shared folder P1, P2, P3 in reading, access to the unrestricted sharing P4. (The file is a public record P4)

For now I have a volume ("RAID_ZFS2" / mnt/RAID_ZFS2) that occupies the entire disk space. It is this volume that I want to create my different partitions.
I tried many config, but none worked, I can not assigned to a shared folder to a group. Only the user "root" to access the share. (I pull the hair ...)

I hope I was clear enough, in my full explanation, and you can help me with my project.

Status
Not open for further replies.