Setup FTPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackTheKnife

Dabbler
I have working FTP and SFTP connections but now I have got a request for FTPS. First - is it possible to set up with FreeNAS? Second - if it is possible then what I need to do? Kind of basics but I'm not able to find out that in the FreeNAS documentation (I think it will be related to TLS section).

Thanks for any help

m0nkey_

MVP
That too is also in the documentation. It's point one in the Encrypting FTP section of the documentation.
Import or create a certificate authority using the instructions in CAs. Then, import or create the certificate to use for encrypted connections using the instructions in Certificates.

JackTheKnife

Dabbler
Great - something wrong with my screen as CAs is not showing as a link (is the same color as the rest of that text)

JackTheKnife

Dabbler
I'm getting an error message when connecting via TLS:

Could not retrieve directory listing
Illegal PORT command
When I switch FTP client to passive mode I'm getting that error message:

Server sent passive reply with unroutable address 192.168.10.55, using host address instead.
Transfer channel can't be opened. Reason: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
Could not retrieve directory listing​

Any tips?

Last edited:

JackTheKnife

Dabbler
I think I have got it solved by specifying Min and Max passive ports and setup NAT routing on the firewall for related IP but still I have no idea why masquerade address from FTP config is not working.

JackTheKnife

Dabbler
Well - I'm able to connect to FTP via TLS but it throws that message:

Server sent passive reply with unroutable address. Using server address instead.

Any clue what can be wrong?

m0nkey_

MVP
Set the "Masquerade address" in the FTP settings allowing it to work behind a NAT firewall.

Status
Not open for further replies.