Secure FTP issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ViT

Cadet
Normal FTP works fine, I am just having some issues setting up sFTP.

When originally trying to enable the TLS checkbox option within the FTP service options the FTP service would not start stating some error "this service has failed to restart" when I saved changes. I had noticed that the certificate field was not being automatically filled. After stopping/starting the service a few times the certificate finally generated. Only now sFTP doesn't connect (filezilla nor fireftp can see the server "Connection timed out
") and normal FTP says it wont connect due to it being a sftp connection. Also now that the certificate has been generated every time I try to save an edit to the FTP service options I get the following error:

Code:
Environment:

Software Version: FreeNAS-9.1.1-RELEASE-x86 (a752d35)
Request Method: POST
Request URL: https://192.168.X.X/admin/services/ftp/edit/1/

Traceback:
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py" in get_response
  109.                        response = middleware_method(request, callback, callback_args, callback_kwargs)
File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/freeadmin/middleware.py" in process_view
  165.        return login_required(view_func)(request, *view_args, **view_kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/contrib/auth/decorators.py" in _wrapped_view
  25.                return view_func(request, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/freeadmin/options.py" in wrapper
  158.                return self._admin.admin_view(view)(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/utils/decorators.py" in _wrapped_view
  91.                    response = view_func(request, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/views/decorators/cache.py" in _wrapped_view_func
  89.        response = view_func(request, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/freeadmin/site.py" in inner
  140.            return view(request, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/freeadmin/options.py" in edit
  451.                        mf.done(request=request, events=events)
File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/services/forms.py" in done
  280.        ) or (self.instance.ftp_tls and not self.instance.ftp_tls_certfile):

Exception Type: AttributeError at /admin/services/ftp/edit/1/
Exception Value: 'FTP' object has no attribute 'ftp_tls_certfile'

Disabling TLS of course makes this all go away and normal FTP works fine, so I don't know what's wrong.

Edit: Ok, it appears in my tired haze I managed to get FTPS and sFTP confused. My bad! I was only really interested in sFTP, but in the sake of knowing what went wrong, can anyone still provide an insight into the above?

N3ViT

Cadet
Luckily just refreshed this page there now before creating one. Is it something I should worry about now and upgrade or can I merrily carry on?

underpickled

Contributor
No need to create a ticket, this has just been fixed.

When you say "fixed" do you mean for the next release version or that there is a way to actually fix this n 9.1.1?

EDIT: I ask because I'm getting this problem too and all the bug reports say "fixed" months or years ago, but it certainly doesn't seem fixed in 9.1.1. I'm also getting this:

Code:
Oct 28 19:16:01 freenas notifier: Starting proftpd.
Oct 28 19:16:01 freenas notifier: freenas.local proftpd[83529]: Fatal: TLSRSACertificateFile: '/etc/ssl/freenas/proftpd/proftpd.crt' does not exist on line 50 of '/usr/local/etc/proftpd.conf'
Oct 28 19:16:01 freenas root: /usr/local/etc/rc.d/proftpd: WARNING: failed to start proftpd
Oct 28 19:16:01 freenas notifier: /usr/local/etc/rc.d/proftpd: WARNING: failed to start proftpd
Oct 28 19:16:01 freenas notifier: proftpd not running?
Oct 28 19:16:01 freenas notifier: Will not 'restart' proftpd because proftpd_enable is NO.

Status
Not open for further replies.