Cannot add mount point to transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dhruv Govil

Dabbler
Hi There,
I just set up my FreeNAS today with 9.1 release x64 and was trying to setup transmission.

It created its bit1 jail etc when setting it up, but now Im trying to change its watch folder to something a little more easily accessed.

I'm basically ttrying to map /mnt/hive1/Torrents to the destination of /usr/pbi/transmission/home/torrents

But everytime I try and mount or everytime I try and edit the mountPoint, or add further storage I guess this traceback.

Any suggestions? Should I just delete the plugin and jail and start over?

Code:
Environment:

Software Version: FreeNAS-9.1.0-RELEASE-x64 (dff7d13)
Request Method: GET
Request URL: http://192.168.1.157/admin/jails/nullmountpoint/delete/1/

Traceback:
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py" in get_response
  109.                        response = middleware_method(request, callback, callback_args, callback_kwargs)
File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/freeadmin/middleware.py" in process_view
  165.        return login_required(view_func)(request, *view_args, **view_kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/contrib/auth/decorators.py" in _wrapped_view
  25.                return view_func(request, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/freeadmin/options.py" in wrapper
  158.                return self._admin.admin_view(view)(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/utils/decorators.py" in _wrapped_view
  91.                    response = view_func(request, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/views/decorators/cache.py" in _wrapped_view_func
  89.        response = view_func(request, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/freeadmin/site.py" in inner
  140.            return view(request, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/freeadmin/options.py" in delete
  605.        mf = mf(instance=instance)
File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/jails/forms.py" in __init__
  724.        jail_path = "%s/%s" % (self.jc.jc_path, self.jail.jail_host)

Exception Type: AttributeError at /admin/jails/nullmountpoint/delete/1/
Exception Value: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'jail_host'

Dhruv Govil

Dabbler
When I try and edit, I get this instead. Am I right in guessing I may have fubarred permissions somewhere?

Code:
Environment:

Software Version: FreeNAS-9.1.0-RELEASE-x64 (dff7d13)
Request Method: GET
Request URL: http://192.168.1.157/admin/jails/nullmountpoint/edit/1/

Traceback:
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py" in get_response
  109.                        response = middleware_method(request, callback, callback_args, callback_kwargs)
File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/freeadmin/middleware.py" in process_view
  165.        return login_required(view_func)(request, *view_args, **view_kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/contrib/auth/decorators.py" in _wrapped_view
  25.                return view_func(request, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/freeadmin/options.py" in wrapper
  158.                return self._admin.admin_view(view)(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/utils/decorators.py" in _wrapped_view
  91.                    response = view_func(request, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/views/decorators/cache.py" in _wrapped_view_func
  89.        response = view_func(request, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/freeadmin/site.py" in inner
  140.            return view(request, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/freeadmin/options.py" in edit
  486.            mf = mf(instance=instance)
File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/jails/forms.py" in __init__
  724.        jail_path = "%s/%s" % (self.jc.jc_path, self.jail.jail_host)

Exception Type: AttributeError at /admin/jails/nullmountpoint/edit/1/
Exception Value: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'jail_host'

interpeix

Contributor
My advice, enter in the console jail, (#jls jid -> show the number of your jail and for example #jexec 1 jls -> enters in the jail's console)
Make a folder in /media (for example /media/torrents), after that, go to the GUI and map your/mnt/hive1/Torrents to /media/Torrents.
In the jail console again, go to/usr/pbi/transmission-amd64/etc/transmission/home/ and edit the file settings.json to fix the right download folder to /media/Torrents.

Akhademik

Explorer
Sorry i've got exactly the same problem. I search the forum and come up with this solution but i'm not quite familiar with shell and code in unix so could you please more specific about the code to execute the whole thing? One in a line could be great

My advice, enter in the console jail, (#jls jid -> show the number of your jail and for example #jexec 1 jls -> enters in the jail's console)
Make a folder in /media (for example /media/torrents), after that, go to the GUI and map your/mnt/hive1/Torrents to /media/Torrents.
In the jail console again, go to/usr/pbi/transmission-amd64/etc/transmission/home/ and edit the file settings.json to fix the right download folder to /media/Torrents.

how to make a folder?
how to map my folder to that folder?
how to edit the settings.jon?
how to fix the right download folder ?

Please help.

interpeix

Contributor
Status
Not open for further replies.