secure connection failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamsir2

Cadet
I have been using FreeNas for a little over a year as a basic file server. Today i upgraded to 9.3 and after which the webgui showed a warning saying that 9.3 was in maintence mode and to switch to the 9.10 train. I went to the update tab, switched to 9.10 and clicked update. Now when i try to log into the webgui i get this error:
Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to 192.168.1.82. You have received an invalid certificate. Please contact the server administrator or email correspondent and give them the following information: Your certificate contains the same serial number as another certificate issued by the certificate authority. Please get a new certificate containing a unique serial number. (Error code: sec_error_reused_issuer_and_serial)

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

I thought maybe if i remove the certs from firefoxes list then it would prompt me again to add it but i get the same above error.

spinynorman

Cadet
I have a similar problem with 9.10. Followed the CA video tutorial to the letter and now can't access the web gui

Certificates are in the correct place, https is turned on, the certificate was generated with an IP address.
Have cleared the caches etc in mozilla firefox, tried re-importing the certificate but get the same error with 'connection to the server was reset'

Sorry to hijack this thread but I thought it may be a similar problem to the OP.

BTW the only thing different from the tutorial was the existence of a local certificate that was already installed but linked to HTTP - not HTTPS. ignored it and used my generated certificate as the tutorial directed.

Puzzled...

spinynorman

Cadet
Think I've worked around my problem which is TLS insecure failback related. Got the info from here.

It involves changing a parameter on the about:config page, which takes TLS failback host addresses.

Unfortunately, I first used the IP, which wasn't compatible. After using the server FQDN, it worked fine.

Hope this helps someone too. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.