Help with certificates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

Could someone help me please.

I’m in the process of setting up my first freenas server and am looking at setting it up as a certificate authority. I’ve created the CA and imported it into the browser.

I then created the certificate using the CA that I just set up. If I use the IP address of the server for the common name then everything works fine. But if I use the hostname then I get an error in my browser saying my connection is not secure reporting SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN.

Any help would be appreciated

Spearfoot

He of the long foot
The host name you use for the server (System->Information->Hostname) must match the common name you specify when you create the certificate. On my system I use the hostname for the 'Name' of the certificate, as well as for the CN portion of the Distinguished Name.

Thank for your reply. I have tried every combination of the hostname that is possible. I have even checked the hostname via the console.

I just tried what you outlined in your post by using the hostname from (System->Information->Hostname) and this still made no difference.

Spearfoot

He of the long foot
Thank for your reply. I have tried every combination of the hostname that is possible. I have even checked the hostname via the console.

I just tried what you outlined in your post by using the hostname from (System->Information->Hostname) and this still made no difference.

Drat! :-(

Well, post as much information as possible about your system, per the forum rules, including the specific steps you took to create your certificate. Armed with that information, one of the local experts may chime in and help out.

Status
Not open for further replies.