Resource icon

Scripted installation of Nextcloud 28 in iocage jail 2018-03-23

danb35

Hall of Famer
I headed to the login page
By hostname, or by IP address? If the latter, there's your problem--you need to use the hostname (same as you set HOST_NAME for the script).

oxidizer

Cadet
By hostname, or by IP address? If the latter, there's your problem--you need to use the hostname (same as you set HOST_NAME for the script).

Thanks for your help; I was using the hostname. I think I have issues beyond your script that I need to address first, such as the router, before moving forward. I've never set up a domain or dns before so I'm a bit out of my league with this stuff.

Is there an easy way to delete the install of nextcloud and start from scratch?

danb35

Hall of Famer
Is there an easy way to delete the install of nextcloud and start from scratch?
Sure. You can destroy the jail with iocage destroy -f nextcloud, and then clear out your storage directories--by default that would be everything in $POOL_PATH/nextcloud/.

xames

Patron
I have nextcloud over freenas with this script, but i see slow speed over my lan network file transfers with the client app on mac and the server, it says 15KB/s file per file, but no more, how i can make it faster? my network cards and switchs are 1gb capable.

xames

Patron
Nextcloud finding changes too slow too. Why that? any solutions? In Internal network too, something not fine there.

sheenegarmi

Dabbler
it doesn’t start after using the installation script and after the remove-staging.sh script, which may be wrong. opened with various browzes and cleaned cookies

sheenegarmi

Dabbler
I'm trying to open a site and see an error ERR_SSL_KEY_USAGE_INCOMPATIBLE
what needs to be fixed to make everything work

Prerequisites (Let's Encrypt)
The first item has its own domain bought.
ports forwarded.
as I understand it, DNS is not necessary to prove?

before it was necessary to delete the line and reload the prison and everything worked.
what could be the catch?

Last edited:

xames

Patron
How i can mount the files inside my nextcloud jail, and where to find it? I use the script autmatic without datasets and now i don't found the files, i have replication of pool1 to pool2 all pools on differents disks, but now i cannot access on the jails section.

Last edited:

DD4711

Contributor
Hello,
I set a wrong option in my config file. So I destroyed the jail, deleted all datasets and tried to reinstall it. But I get an error and can't find the problem:
Code:
JAIL_INTERFACES not set, defaulting to: vnet0:bridge0
Existing Nextcloud config detected... Checking Database compatibility for reinstall
ls: /mnt/Storage/nextcloud/db/mariadb: No such file or directory
ERROR: You can not reinstall without the previous database
Please try again after removing your config files or using the same database used previously

As written I deleted all my datasets, so no config is stored there. Does someone know what to remove / delete before trying it again?

Edit:
it's a problem with the hidden .zfs folder inside the sub datasets:
Code:
# Check for reinstall
if [ "$(ls -A "${CONFIG_PATH}")" ]; then
    echo "Existing Nextcloud config detected... Checking Database compatibility for reinstall"

-> This check looks after files, also hidden, in the sub datasets. a .zfs folder is always existing. But strange that I did not get that error while installing it the first time...

Last edited:

NasKar

Guru
I'm using Duplicati to backup my nextcloud data directory to the cloud. My jail user is duplicati and giving group permission to www and mysql. I noticed errors in some of the files in the nextcloud/db/mysql directory along with a few others like performance_schema. These files don't have group read permission set by default. Is there any downside to setting the group read flag on these files and directories so duplicati can back them up?

danb35

Hall of Famer
You really don't want to back up a live database. Better would be to run a periodic mysqldump job and include that output (compresed if you like; it's highly compressible) in your backup.

NasKar

Guru
So you recommend I use the script I wrote that puts the NC in maintenance mode and creates a tar file for the files, db and config file (will add the theme dir) and upload that to the cloud as backup. FYI I removed the pull request from your github.

danb35

Hall of Famer
You could do that, but it isn't necessary. But for backup purposes, it's better to back up a database dump than a live database.

InGenetic

Contributor
Since you only have one disk right now, you apparently don't care about redundancy. In that case, you should be able to replace the old disk through the GUI. Plug in the new one, go to Storage -> Pools, click on the gear, click Status, select the three vertical dots to the right of your current disk, select Replace, pick the new disk. Wait for the server to do its thing, then you can remove the old disk.

But consider adding a second 4 TB disk to create a mirror--which you'll unfortunately need to do at the CLI.
Hi mr. danb35, you're right, i will add a second 4TB to create mirror,

by the way , 2 days ago i receive an email from let'sencrypt like below :

From: "Let's Encrypt Staging Expiry Bot" <staging-expiry@letsencrypt.org>
To: admin@mydomain.com
Sent: Monday, July 6, 2020 11:16:04 AM
Subject: Let's Encrypt staging environment certificate expiration notice for domain "cloud.mydomain.com"

Hello,

[ Note: This message is from the Let's Encrypt staging environment. It likely is not relevant to any live web site. ]

You issued a testing cert (not a live one) from Let's Encrypt staging environment. This mail takes the place of what would normally be a renewal reminder, but instead is demonstrating delivery of renewal notices. Have a nice day!

We recommend renewing certificates automatically when they have a third of their
total lifetime left. For Let's Encrypt's current 90-day certificates, that means
renewing 30 days before expiration. See
https://letsencrypt.org/docs/integration-guide/ for details.

Details:
DNS Names: cloud.mydomain.com
Expiration Date: 16 Jul 20 04:28 +0000)
Days to Expiration: 10

For any questions or support, please visit https://community.letsencrypt.org/. Unfortunately, we can't provide support by email.

For details about when we send these emails, please visit https://letsencrypt.org/docs/expiration-emails/. In particular, note that this reminder email is still sent if you've obtained a slightly different certificate by adding or removing names. If you've replaced this certificate with a newer one that covers more or fewer names than the list above, you may be able to ignore this message.

If you are receiving this email in error, unsubscribe at http://mandrillapp.com/track/unsub....email=a%2A%2A%2A%2A%40f%2A%2A%2A%2A.%2A%2A%2A

Regards,
The Let's Encrypt Team

did i have to do renewal my letsencrypted ssl ? if yes , how to do that sir ?
or it will be automatically renewal ?
i just wanna be sure about this ssl, cause our nextcloud is really usefull, everyone here using this .
and so many thanks for your guidance here ..

please advice me about the ssl.

Many Thanks ,

InGenetic

sheenegarmi

Dabbler
Unable to access the siteNext nextcloud.sheen.od.ua site does not allow to establish a connection.
Try the following:

Check your internet connection.
Check your proxy and firewall settings.
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

what am I doing wrong?

danb35

Hall of Famer
by the way , 2 days ago i receive an email from let'sencrypt like below :
If you've run remove-staging.sh and are now using a production certificate (you can easily tell because your browser will give you certificate warnings if not), you can ignore this email. As it says:
[ Note: This message is from the Let's Encrypt staging environment. It likely is not relevant to any live web site. ]

sheenegarmi

Dabbler
DNS hosting for the domain name needs to be with a provider that Caddy supports, to automatically update the DNS records needed to prove your control over the domain.

If my DNS hosting where I bought the domain does not support can cause such an error?

danb35

Hall of Famer
Maybe my script doesn’t work.?
Maybe space monkeys corrupted your data. Maybe there's a configuration issue. Maybe there's a firewall issue. With what you've posted, there's no way to know, and really not even a good place to start.
If my DNS hosting where I bought the domain does not support can cause such an error?
It could, if:
  • You were trying to access your installation from inside your network (which would pretty well rule out a firewall problem),
  • Your previous installation (however you did that "without a script") used a different webserver than Caddy, and
  • You told Caddy to use DNS validation to obtain a cert, even though your DNS provider wasn't supported (but why would you do that?)
From inside the jail, see if Caddy's running (service caddy status). If it isn't, see what errors you find in /var/log/caddy.log.