SCALE upgrade to 21.04 from 21.02 - no VNC display for KVM instance

KrisBee

Wizard
As per title. Selecting "VNC" display now opens an "about:blank" web page. True for existing or newly created KVM instance. No longer possible to a add and install a KMV via the WEBGUI. Has anyone got the changed "display" device option VNC/spice to work?

Obsession

Cadet
Is there a temporary fix so I can create and connect to my vm's?

LarsR

Guru
type the ip of your vm's host and add :5800/vnc.html?autoconnect=1 at the end. that's what did it for me

headwhacker

Dabbler
lol, spent the whole Sunday figuring out why my VMs won't start or can't create new VMs. I suppose it's not only me. I found the same workaround what @LarsR mentioned. Mananaged to boot a Linux book disk so far. But whatever I don't can't get a Windows10 image to boot. This was replicated from another machine running TrueNAS Core 12.0-U3.

NathanG

Cadet
I have found this issue too. You could download a VNC viewer and connect to IP:5900 for temporary use.

Obsession

Cadet
When I try to connect vi a VNC viewer to the new VM I get an error saying connecting was refused by the computer. If I try it trough browser nothing opens. I tried both port 5900 and 5800.

Obsession

Cadet
When I try to connect vi a VNC viewer to the new VM I get an error saying connecting was refused by the computer. If I try it trough browser nothing opens. I tried both port 5900 and 5800.
I found out the issue I was typing the IP of the VM not the IP of the TrueNas I can now connect via VNC.

kewitt

Cadet
Check the display port if you have had more than 1 VM.
I have 5 VM in my test so I have to use 5900-5904 depending on which VM I'm connecting to.
I also had to turn off a VM delete the display interface and set it up again. To resovle connecting to VNC issues.
The web interface hasn't worked for me but realVNC has always connected after tweaking around with things.