[Scale] Official wg-easy app issues

Black_Duck

Explorer
Has anyone managed to get the new Official wg-easy app (7_1.0.0) working with Truenas Scale Bluefin (22.12.0)
I have the Truecharts version (3.0.7) working without a problem.
I decided to switch over to the Offical version and it comes up okay, but the VPN won't connect.
And yes, I have set up my router with the correct forwarding.

Also, when I delete the app I get the message:
Error: can only concatenate str (not "int") to str
App appears to delete okay tho.

DobleJs

Cadet
Hi, you have to set wireguard udp port as 51820 because default 20920 port doesn't have effect in the config.

Im trying to see because the clients are isolated by default, i dont find any offical documentation about wg-easy chart.

Black_Duck

Explorer
i tried that, and although a connection is established, and the there is an initial handshake, there is no further traffic.
To me it looks like the iptables are not configured to support lan traffic. This seems at odds with using wg-easy.

DobleJs

Cadet
i tried that, and although a connection is established, and the there is an initial handshake, there is no further traffic.
To me it looks like the iptables are not configured to support lan traffic. This seems at odds with using wg-easy.
yes, seems to be that only can be established connection with the server, no between clients.

truecharts

Guru
Has anyone managed to get the new Official wg-easy app (7_1.0.0) working with Truenas Scale Bluefin (22.12.0)
I have the Truecharts version (3.0.7) working without a problem.
I decided to switch over to the Offical version and it comes up okay, but the VPN won't connect.
And yes, I have set up my router with the correct forwarding.

Also, when I delete the app I get the message:

App appears to delete okay tho.

Not really sure why you want to move to the "official" app, it just means "another team of people supporting it". We both work with the same toolkit and one of our maintainers is also working on iX Apps now. So the whole "TrueCharts might magically stop working if iX decides something" is not very likely either.

heisian

Dabbler
it s
Not really sure why you want to move to the "official" app, it just means "another team of people supporting it". We both work with the same toolkit and one of our maintainers is also working on iX Apps now. So the whole "TrueCharts might magically stop working if iX decides something" is not very likely either.
it seems like the latest update(s) have irreversibly broken things causing everyone to have to reinstall most of their truecharts apps… there’s a whole thread of folks who now want to move away from truecharts.

i suppose this is a recent development and this comment predates it.

help!

Explorer
Is this still applicible now?

Ive tried all day and cant get this working

Black_Duck

Explorer
No longer applicable. Appears to have been fixed with wg-easy and Bluefin upgrades.
Note UDP port number set to 51820 is still relevant.

help!

Explorer
No longer applicable. Appears to have been fixed with wg-easy and Bluefin upgrades.
Note UDP port number set to 51820 is still relevant.
THank you very much for your knowledge :():)