Using Official Apps with Ingress + Reverse Proxy to other services

victort

Guru
Is there any way within SCALE to use the official apps with Traefik or some other built in ingress controller to allow the use of only a domain, instead of a domain with a port number to access?

The reason I ask is tha I would like to use official apps (Nextcloud, Vaultwarden) as opposed to Truecharts apps because of some issues I'm having. Specifically that Truecharts Vaultwarden app will not deploy at all while using hostpath for storage, but the official app works fine.

Also with the official Nextcloud app it is possible to delete the app, and reinstall it while simply pointing the hostpath storage back at your existing data. With Truecharts this is not exactly possible without having to do some manual work to migrate or mount the data.

danb35

Hall of Famer
Is there any way within SCALE to use the official apps with Traefik or some other built in ingress controller to allow the use of only a domain, instead of a domain with a port number to access?
You should be able to do this using the (TrueCharts) external service app, much like they document for accessing the GUI itself:

Chubblez

Cadet

The reason I ask is tha I would like to use official apps (Nextcloud, Vaultwarden) as opposed to Truecharts apps because of some issues I'm having. Specifically that Truecharts Vaultwarden app will not deploy at all while using hostpath for storage, but the official app works fine.

Also with the official Nextcloud app it is possible to delete the app, and reinstall it while simply pointing the hostpath storage back at your existing data. With Truecharts this is not exactly possible without having to do some manual work to migrate or mount the data.
To make sure I understand what you're asking:

https://server.domain.tld should display the TrueNAS scale UI
https://nextcloud.domain.tld should show NextCloud
https://vaultwarden.domain.tld should show Vaultwarden

All via one IP address, and only using official apps. Is that correct?

victort

Guru

Chubblez

Cadet
Correct.

And using the external-services app is the way to do it.
I'm trying to get the same thing setup, though I may be adding complications.

Vault Warden - vlan 1 - custom SSL certificate
Next Cloud - vlan 1 - will require Active Directory access - custom SSL certificate
Plex / Emby - vlan 1 - will stay on their preferred service ports
Home Assistant - vlan 2

In my case, I'm fine assigning separate IP's to the service to match a DNS entry, but Vault Warden and Next Cloud have to present to the apps over 443.

sretalla