new Official Catalog version of Tailscale - looking for documentation

jhl

Dabbler
I was happy to see see Tailscale is now available from the iX official catalog while it was previously only available from TrueCharts, I think this is new as of Truenas Scale 22.12.2 release. Unfortunately I'm having issues. I would dig into the documentation to try to fix these things myself but I don't see it in the "Official Truenas Scale Apps Documentation" thread https://www.truenas.com/community/threads/official-truenas-apps-documentation-links.106829/

As for my issues - I could have sworn there were a few settings that I needed to tweak differently from the Truecharts version to get the same functions. But the biggest problem is the app would not deploy after a reboot, and I think I solved this by using a new, reusable auth key. This is not ideal though, even a reusable key expires after 90 days so this is not "set and forget". The TrueCharts version had an "Auth Once" setting which should have allowed the system to connect after a reboot after initially connecting with a one-time use auth key... it sure seems this function is what I was missing before when it wouldn't work after a reboot... maybe this can be set with a flag in the Official Catalog version?

sretalla