SABNZBD and FreeNAS 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBarker

Contributor
In a fugue state while trying to do too many things at once I demolished half my zpool on my 9.10 setup while performing an upgrade to 11.0. Here is the thread regarding that:

https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/using-9-10-pool-in-freenas-11.58705/

Now that I have the opportunity to start anew, I do have a few questions about 11.0 vs 9.10 and setting up SABNZBD. My current setup is two VDEVs each consisting of two mirrored 6TB drives and a 120GB SSD. The SSD is setup in it's own pool that I have named SSD (shocker I know) and will be used for my jails. The other two VDEVs are set up in their own pool named Boomer (old nickname). The two pool system worked well under 9.10 but in just a few cursory attempts to duplicate it's functionality I have not been able to duplicate that earlier success.

Volume #1 /mnt/SSD/ (plugin and jail to be installed here)
Volume #2 /mnt/Boomer/media (media is the dataset for my files)

I created a new user called "mediauser1" with a UID of 1001 and put that into a new group called "mediausers" with a GID of 1001. The media dataset owner is "mediauser1" with the group owner being "mediausers" and have have setup up SMB shares and have full access to the media dataset on my laptop.

In installing the SABNZBD plugin the one thing that I have found is that the UID and GID for media in the plugin is now 8675309 (great song btw) which is completely different from the 816 it used to be. I have tried to give "mediauser1" ownership of this plugin as well as "mediausers" to no avail. I also noticed that under FreeNAS 11 that the default media user/group also uses 8675309 as their UID/GID and thought...."how brilliant, I can just make the "media" group the owner of my dataset and all should be good" Nope, that didn't work either.

Anyone here with a successfully working FreeNAS 11 system using a similar setup that can enlighten me....please?

BBarker

Contributor
Nah

Reinstalled 9.10 which was working great. Took me 45 minutes to get it all setup and running.

I’ll revisit 11 in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.