FreeNAS 11, Sabnzbd, Couchpotato & Sonarr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher Joyson

Contributor
Hi
Don't know if you can diagnose Couchpotato BUT everything else is running fine, Sonarr just needed a kickstart. But Couchpotato seems to stop within a short time of opening, the only way to get it running seems to be a full reboot of the system

Trying to stop the Hung Couchpotato service results in the following:

Code:

root@SABNZB:/ # service -R couchpotato																							 
/usr/sbin/service: WARNING: $command_interpreter /usr/local/bin/python != python													
Stopping couchpotato.																											   
Waiting for PIDS: 3216   

Trying to stop or restarting iocage doesn't seem to work and the only way to get Couchpotato back again is a full reboot of the system.

The only hint I have are the CP logs. Make sure openSSL is installed in the SAB jail. The other things that cause hokey things like this could be a file permissions issue. Make sure all CP directories and files are owned by your chosen user, I think you have it as media. Try using locate to find the couchpotato directories. Mine is simply /usr/local/couchpotato but yours may be CouchPotatoServer so whatever it may be, do chown -R USER:GROUP /usr/local/DIRECTORY. Seems it might be trying to use an SSL connection to look at indexers and crashing after awhile maybe??

Christopher Joyson

Contributor
Hi
Ive tried installing PLEX to my SABNZB jail with the following method, nutcannot seem to get any movies or tV shows to load even though I believe Ive pointed to the right directory, DO I have to link my directories to a PLEX media Server Directory?

iocage console SABNZB

iocage create --name "PLEX" -r 11.1-RELEASE ip4_addr="vnet0|192.168.1.30/24" boot="on" host_hostname="PLEX" vnet="on"

checked http://192.168.0.30:32400/web, and all OK

pkg update && pkg upgrade

pkg install multimedia/plexmediaserver

sysrc plexmediaserver_enable=YES

service plexmediaserver start

Ive also set Plexdat etc to owbner media.

checkedhttp://192.168.0.30:32400/web, and all OK

When I go to PLEX it loads ok and I logged in successfully however When I browse for my Media folder PLEX originally has the path as /usr/local/plexdata/Plex Media Server when I change this to /media/Movies Nothing shows up.

PLEX does not update the directory locations as go up the hierarchy either.

I think you need to add the media paths to your FSTAB, or the permissions do not match. Are you able to see files inside /media while logged into the plex jail?

Christopher Joyson

Contributor
Hi long time since last post However Ive not really needed plex at that time but I now want to install it.

When opening the plex server I can only see files in /config/Plex Media Server.

I've Found the location of this at /mnt/iocage/jails/SABNZB/root

However when trying to add the media path I am stumped a bit
I have tried all of the following without success
iocage fstab -a SABNZB /mnt/Nas_Volume/Media/ /mnt/iocage/jails/SABNZB /config/Plex Media Server/Media/ nullfs rw 0 0
iocage fstab -a SABNZB /mnt/Nas_Volume/Media/ “/mnt/iocage/jails/SABNZB /config/Plex Media Server/Media/” nullfs rw 0 0
iocage fstab -a SABNZB /mnt/Nas_Volume/Media/ /mnt/iocage/jails/SABNZB /config/Plex Media Server/Media/ nullfs rw 0 0
iocage fstab -a SABNZB /mnt/Nas_Volume/Media/ /mnt/iocage/jails/SABNZB /config/”Plex Media Server”/Media/ nullfs rw 0 0
the last one actually put the data in fstab but when running I get the output:

[root@freenas /mnt/iocage/jails/SABNZB]# iocage start SABNZB
* Starting SABNZB
+ Start FAILED
jail: mount.fstab: /mnt/iocage/jails/SABNZB/root/config/Plex: No such file or directory
Then when I tried, in fstab, surrounding Plex Media Server in quotes I get:

[root@freenas /mnt/iocage/jails/SABNZB]# iocage start SABNZB
* Starting SABNZB
+ Start FAILED
jail: mount.fstab: /mnt/iocage/jails/SABNZB/root/config/"Plex: No such file or directory

Where am I going wrong, how do I get fstab to recognoise the Plex Media Server folder?
Lastly I have created a Media folder in teh Plex Media Server Folder.

Last edited:

gt2416

Patron
@Christopher Joyson
iocage fstab -a SABNZB "/mnt/Nas_Volume/Media/ /config/Plex Media Server/Media/ nullfs rw 0 0"

-The quotes must be around BOTH paths.
-The second path inside the jail already assumes you are trying to add in SABNZB root.
You can mount it anywhere, even tho the Plex UI doesnt show it, you can type the path manually and it will work.
Also the latest Plex on FreeBSD has UI options for browsing from root.

The lines in your fstab should read something like this
Code:
iocage fstab -a SABNZB /mnt/Nas_Volume/Media/ /media/ nullfs rw 0 0 

Then in plex the only thing you need specify is /media/movies or whatever. Everything in the path /mnt/Nas_Volume/Media/ should be readable in the SAB jail inside simply, /media. So this is the path you tell plex: /media/movies, /media/tv, etc. etc.

As you have it you are specifying a path to the SAB jail it doesnt know. Inside the sab jail isnt aware of the path /mnt/iocage/anything

I didnt see the reply from gt2416, they are saying the same thing I am in a different way. What he said will work in the paths you are trying to use. For simplicity I usually mount everything from fstab in /media because its always already there and empty.

Status
Not open for further replies.