SOLVED S..l..o..w boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
No clue how long it will take QRikard...

QRikard

Cadet
Bad news (for me at least), during the night it got stuck and i got the errors from the first picture. I pressed enter and a while later it got stuck again (second picture). When i couldn't get it to move along i gave up and shut down the server, I'm posting the images here in case someone can make any use out of it...
BTW. Is there a bug report or similar on this? Because i think that this should be fixed somehow or at least ask for a confirmation from the user before accepting the change since it can do a lot of unintended damage.

It feels safer to stop now before everything breaks, so i started to reinstall freenas from scratch on a new usb stick and several hours later and i'm almost back on track. Apparently i learned something last round so it was much faster this time. Only transmission that refuses to play ball, but that's not for this thread...

Attachments

• IMG_20140607_011330.jpg
    IMG_20140607_011330.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_20140607_140924.jpg
    IMG_20140607_140924.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 227

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Well, you have to click the checkbox and then click 'save". Do you need more than that?

1/2 the settings, if used improperly, can have totally devastating effects. At some point you have to just trust that the server admin is responsible enough no to set themselves up to be shot in the face with their own gun.

That panic looks like a bad boot disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.