Running from USB: can't save config

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shudnawz

Cadet
Just started my first FreeNAS, using a USB thumb drive. I want to see if the stuff is right for me.

Anyway, I can access the web GUI and have fiddled around with it abit. Problem is, nothing sticks. No changes are saved and I can't add any drive or even change the admin password. If I didn't know any better, I'd say that the drive was read-only. However, there is no write protect slide on my drive, and the format and use of Win32DiskImager worked fine. One thing I noticed was that there was no option for how much storage should be dedicated to settings storage (compare to the setting in Universal USB Installer).

I don't know if it's important or even relevant, but on the HDD itself is a working Ubuntu install with Amahi. Not that it should be working, since I'm running from the USB drive. I was hoping to format the HDD later on and use it for storage, but at the moment I can't do anything with the FreeNAS.

The system I'm running on is an old ASUS EEE Box, B202. Crappy Atom processor, but it should be fine and the system starts ok.

Shudnawz

Cadet
Never mind my silly rant, turns out a simple change from IE11 to Chrome was all that was needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.