RSync Multiple Remote FreeNAS servers to Local FreeNAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

auralsun

Dabbler
Hey guys,

I have done some digging but have had trouble finding anyone else with my particular scenario.

I have a single FreeNAS server on my local network and two remote FreeNAS servers on separate remote networks. One of these servers is already configured to push data nightly via rsync to my host server. This works well!

To set up the second server, I have tried a couple of different approaches:

1. Going thru the rsync via SSH setup process described in the Documentation, appending the Public Key for the second PUSH server to PULL server.

2. Copying the files from /root/.ssh on the original remote server to second remote server where we are trying to enable RSync task.

From there I try creating the rsync task in web GUI as described in documentation and get the same error using either approach when "Validate Remote Path" is checked:

The Remote Path you specified does not exist or is not a directory.
Either create one yourself on the remote machine or uncheck the
'rsync_validate_rpath' field.
**Note**: This could also happen if the remote path entered
exceeded 255 characters and was truncated, please restrict it to
255. Or it could also be that your SSH credentials (remote host,etc) are wrong.

When Validate Remote Path is not checked, web GUI says "Rsync Task successfully updated." but it does not work and produces no error messages in /var/log/messages or /var/log/cron on either PUSH or PULL server.

The original remote server is still working after appending second Public Key to PULL server rsync user but no luck at all with the second remote server so far. Any idea where to begin troubleshooting, or any tips on how to approach this?

Thanks so much!!

Status
Not open for further replies.