rsync: did not see server greeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon Speegle

Cadet
was building up a new FreeNAS box today and decided to load up 9.10 for the first time (have been using 9.3). Everything seems to work so far but rsync. I rsynced to the 9.3 box just fine, but when I try to do it to the 9.10 server I get the following errors:

(cwsync on Windows 2012) (command: rsync -v /cygdrive/c/temp/* 10.16.1.245::rsync/test/temp)
rsync error: error starting client-server protocol (code5> at main.c(1648) [sender=3.1.2]

(rsync on Ubuntu 14.04) (command: rsync -v /home/administrator/* 10.16.1.245::rsync/test/temp)
rsync error: error starting client-server protocol (code 5> at main.c(1653) [sender=3.1.0]

I think this has to be a bug as the command works to a FreeNAS 9.3 system. Also I made sure my FreeNAS 9.10 configuration was identical to what I have on 9.3.

D

dlavigne

I think it is because the ssh version changed (and possibly also because the rsync version changed) from 9.3 to 9.10. Please create a bug report at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here. The devs will want a copy of your debug with the report and you can make that using System -> Advanced -> Save Debug.

Status
Not open for further replies.