rsync & --chmod doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

poldas

Contributor
Hi,

I use rsync to backup data from other FreeNAS but I have problem with permissions to backuped files. I tried to use --chmod=Dg+w in Extra options field in FreeNAS GUI but permissions are still the same:

drwxr-x--- 2 root admins 2 Jan 24 20:58 rrrrr

How to use chmod option with rsync?

D

dlavigne

You may not be able to, depending upon the type of dataset. What type of dataset is it and who is the current owner/group of the dataset?

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
The chmod option of rsync only exists in recent versions of rsync. You should check what version freenas has right now and use the man page for that version.

poldas

Contributor
You may not be able to, depending upon the type of dataset. What type of dataset is it and who is the current owner/group of the dataset?

I'm not sure what do you mean but it is backup documents, after transferred files have permissions like below

drwxr-x--- 2 root admins 2 Jan 24 20:58 rrrrr

I want to add write permission for group

The chmod option of rsync only exists in recent versions of rsync. You should check what version freenas has right now and use the man page for that version.

[root@freenas2 /nonexistent]# rsync --version
rsync version 3.1.1 protocol version 31

So I think that chmod is enabled

Last edited:

rsquared

Explorer
When you created the dataset (through the FreeNAS GUI) you had to choose between Windows, Mac, and UNIX. If you're not sure which you chose, you can look at the settings on the dataset to double check.

Status
Not open for further replies.