RocketRaid 3530 Needs Guidance

Status
Not open for further replies.

yagesz

Cadet
I am prepping to upgrade to Freenas 8. Anyone know if this card works or anyone has any experience with it. I realize this is a noob question. But I have been combing the forums looking for any information relevant and nothing is useful.

Also I had 6 WDEARS 2TB drives for this card. They are not compatible. I am going to go with Samsung F4 HD204UI drives? will they work off a Hardware raid6 with this card or should i go some other route? All help appreciated.

PS my sig says 6 drives are already running but they are in a raidz2 pool seperate from the other 6 drives. 12 total.

rosswaters

Cadet
I just built an atom server using this card and it failed to load the RAID's that were created in it. I currently use the Samsung F4 HD204UI drives and I have no issues in Linux Ubuntu server 10 & 11. With Windows 2008, I had to load the drivers but that is it, every thing works and the controller is fast. I currently have 5 of the 3530's in servers and they all work well. I will say one thing performance is best in Linux so far using EXT4 format.

Status
Not open for further replies.