Restoring Plugin Configs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxtrot

Cadet
I've just finished a new FreeNAS build and wanted to save myself the hassle of having to redo the configs for Plex, Couchpotato, Sonarr & SabNZB so I copied across their config folders to my windows PC before starting my new build.

Now that the new system is up and running, I'm trying to restore these config folders into each plugin's jail but whenever I do the plugin refuses to start. I've read numerous threads around the issue but the always lack enough detail for me to complete it properly (I can follow instructions but I'm not a command line king). I think it may be something to do with the permissions of the folder being copied across but for the life of me I can't seem to figure out how to fix it (or do it properly).

I've tried two ways to copy them. The first was by creating a SMB share to the jails root changing the jails permissions to allow my windows user and then copying everything over and reverting the permissions. However I believe that is the worst thing one could possibly do. So my second try I copied across the relevant folder to my pools 'Downloads' folder and SSH'd into the box as root and used cp to copy the directory to the correct jail directory. But alas no luck.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Foxtrot

Cadet
Nevermind guys, I feel like an idiot.

Followed the advice on the other threads slowly and methodically and it worked fine.

WayneC1972

Dabbler
Nevermind guys, I feel like an idiot.

Followed the advice on the other threads slowly and methodically and it worked fine.

Can you point me to that thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.