Restored shares not showing in view volume

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandamonium

Dabbler
Hi all,

I decided to copy all my data off my Z1 volume, blow it away and recreate it as a Z2 volume. At the point of deleting the Z1 volume I found I was prompted to delete the share information or not so I chose no in the hope that the information would still be there after I restored the data. To my surprise, after I restored all the data to the new Z2 drive and rebooted, all the shares showed up as before and were accessible.

I have now noticed one small issue though. These shares are listed under sharing (Windows SMB), but do not show up as datasets under the volume information. Is there anyway to fix this?

TIA

Paul

melloa

Wizard
Interesting... I'd think people would need more information of your build (i.e.: FreeNAS version) and what steps you actually did.

I did have this problem when rsync'ing from one box to another. rsync created the directories but that won't create any datasets.

Edit: Take a look at this: https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...g-directory-to-zfs-dataset.47372/#post-325678. You might find some information you can use.

Robert Trevellyan

Pony Wrangler
Right, the question is, did you restore from a ZFS snapshot? If not, the filesystem structure will be missing. If so, you need to delete everything, create the datasets, then restore the data again.

Status
Not open for further replies.