Reputable vendors for LSI cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phobos

Dabbler
Hi all,

Apologies if this is the incorrect forum or against forum rules. I’m looking into upgrading my system with an LSI 9207-8i. On both Amazon and NewEgg, these cards are listed as costing around $120, but I notice that in both cases these are from third-party sellers, and that ordering directly from Amazon or NewEgg costs around $230 (which is much closer to the price I see on CDW and SuperBiiz). In the case of Amazon, the third-party vendors have listed the cards as “new”. Anyways, are these sellers reputable, or should I just pay the extra $100 to buy direct from Amazon? Is there somewhere else I should look?

Amazon - $237 from Amazon, ~$110-$150 from other vendors
NewEgg - $233 from NewEgg, ~$100 from other vendors
SuperBiiz - $236
CDW - $277

(Not sure why the NewEgg and SuperBiiz links are being converted into affiliate links…)

Thanks!

joeschmuck

Old Man
While you may be able to get some good deals on Amazon, you need to be aware that you do take a risk. Read the reviews from purchasers. I saw a few negative comments. If you assume that these are used even though they are advertised as new, does that change the value for the price in your mind? I think the only real consern is if the cards use counterfiet chips. If you want piece of mind, buy a new card from NewEgg or SuperBiiz, they are reputable. If the deal is too good to be true, then it is.

Now if you buy a card that says USED and it's $100, that sounds reasonable, but you still take a risk. Amazon, Ebay, and PayPal protect your interests if you buy through them. I always use PayPal so I can dispute the product if I need to.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Nothing wrong with that attidude at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.