Replication Task

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArgaWoW

Patron
Hello,

i try to set up an automatic replication task for my Jails. I want to save them on the same maschine in another pool. I have set an automatic snapshot vor my JailsRoot and i set the pulic key in from the replication window in root user.

my Jail Direktory is: /mnt/pool_jails/jails
my remote directory is: /mnt/Media/Backup

Attached find my Replication Setting.. but i dont know what i have to set in remote key: Depands on the manual i shoult use th SSH Key Scan Button to retrieve the remote key but ... i cant find this button... :(

This is the error i get:

KRITISCH: Replication pool_jails/jails -> localhost:Media/Backup failed: Failed: pool_jails/jails/.warden-template-standard (clean)

Hope anyone can help to solve this problem :)

Thank you!

D

dlavigne

Which build version of FreeNAS (from System -> Information)?

ArgaWoW

Patron
Hi,
i run FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201508250051

I have found the Button to recive the remote key, but replication still dosen't work for me

ArgaWoW

Patron
i try:
zfs send pool_usb/jails | ssh -i /data/ssh/replication localhost zfs receive Media/Backup
i got:
warning: cannot send 'pool_usb/jails': target is busy; if a filesystem, it must not be mounted
cannot receive: failed to read from stream

The volume is encryptet.. will this be the problem?

D

dlavigne

Not sure. Please use System -> Support to create a bug report as it will include your config and debug. Note that you must have an account at bugs.freenas.org before you can use the Support tab. Post the issue number here once the report is created.

ArgaWoW

Patron
Ok, I will do so. Thanks for your assist

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk

ArgaWoW

Patron
One question about bug-report. How do i get the config and debug? automaticly?

rogerh

Guru
One question about bug-report. How do i get the config and debug? automaticly?
Automatically unless you untick the tick box. The automatic file includes config and debug info. And takes a little time to put together after you submit the bug.

ArgaWoW

Patron
Ok. Must I have the error when I create the report. Sorry but I have never done this before. ..

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk

rogerh

Guru
Hello,

i try to set up an automatic replication task for my Jails. I want to save them on the same maschine in another pool. I have set an automatic snapshot vor my JailsRoot and i set the pulic key in from the replication window in root user.

my Jail Direktory is: /mnt/pool_jails/jails
my remote directory is: /mnt/Media/Backup

Attached find my Replication Setting.. but i dont know what i have to set in remote key: Depands on the manual i shoult use th SSH Key Scan Button to retrieve the remote key but ... i cant find this button... :(

This is the error i get:

KRITISCH: Replication pool_jails/jails -> localhost:Media/Backup failed: Failed: pool_jails/jails/.warden-template-standard (clean)

Hope anyone can help to solve this problem :)

Thank you!
Sorry if I'm missing something, but I can't see the attached file. It would be useful to check your settings.

ArgaWoW

Patron

Attachments

• Replication Tas.jpg
    Replication Tas.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 225

rogerh

Guru
Here is the link to the ticket and the picture of my settings for the task:

https://bugs.freenas.org/issues/11230

I hope this will help to solve my problem :)
If you want us all to see your bug report you have to go to it, press the 'edit' button, untick the 'private' box (?top right) and press the 'submit' button. Some people don't want others to see all the confidential information in the debug file, but if you haven't sent one that is no problem. You can always generate a debug file from somewhere in the GUI if the developers want one.

Can you tell us the result of "ls -l /mnt/" (without the inverted commas), preferably in CODE tags, please?

ArgaWoW

Patron
Code:
[root@freenas] /mnt# ls -l /mnt/
total 21
drwxr-xr-x   4 root  wheel  120 Aug 28 16:41 ./
drwxr-xr-x  20 root  wheel   28 Aug 28 06:31 ../
drwxrwxr-x+ 17 root  wheel   17 Aug 27 20:44 Media/
-rw-r--r--   1 root  wheel    5 Aug 27 16:47 md_size
drwxr-xr-x   3 root  wheel    3 Aug 28 16:40 pool_usb/

here the code of the command you called me to exceccute. I have canged the bug report and deseclect private.

rogerh

Guru
Code:
[root@freenas] /mnt# ls -l /mnt/
total 21
drwxr-xr-x   4 root  wheel  120 Aug 28 16:41 ./
drwxr-xr-x  20 root  wheel   28 Aug 28 06:31 ../
drwxrwxr-x+ 17 root  wheel   17 Aug 27 20:44 Media/
-rw-r--r--   1 root  wheel    5 Aug 27 16:47 md_size
drwxr-xr-x   3 root  wheel    3 Aug 28 16:40 pool_usb/

here the code of the command you called me to exceccute. I have canged the bug report and deseclect private.
That seems reasonable to me, except the little "+" at the end of the permissions of "Media" means some sort of extended permissions are enabled. What about "ls -l /mnt/Media/" ?

ArgaWoW

Patron
Code:
root@freenas] ~# ls -l /mnt/Media/
total 170
drwxrwxr-x+ 17 root     wheel     17 Aug 27 20:44 ./
drwxr-xr-x   4 root     wheel    120 Aug 28 18:36 ../
drwxrwxr-x+  2 root     wheel     16 Aug 28 16:36 .JailOMV.meta/
drwxrwxr-x+  2 root     wheel     16 Aug 28 16:47 .JailOwncloud.meta/
drwxrwxr-x+  2 root     wheel     14 Aug 28 16:47 .JailPyLoad.meta/
drwxrwxr-x+  5 root     wheel      5 Aug  7 19:54 .warden-files-cache/
drwxr-xr-x  17 root     wheel     23 Aug  7 09:38 .warden-template-VirtualBox-4.3.12/
drwxr-xr-x  17 root     wheel     21 Aug  7 19:56 .warden-template-standard--x64/
drwxrwxr-x+  2 Andreas  guest     10 Jul 28 17:32 Andreas/
drwxrwxrwx   2 root     wheel      2 Aug 27 12:46 Backup/
drwxr-xr-x  18 root     wheel     24 Aug 27 16:18 JailOMV/
drwxr-xr-x  17 root     wheel     22 Aug 27 20:50 JailOwncloud/
drwxrwxrwx  17 root     wheel     21 Aug 16 14:39 JailPyLoad/
drwxrwxr-x+  2 Kathrin  guest     10 Jul 30 19:55 Kathrin/
drwxrwxrwx+ 11 nobody   nogroup   11 Aug 27 21:09 Media/
drwxrwxrwx   5 root     wheel      5 Aug 27 16:18 OwnCloud/
drwxrwxr-x+ 13 root     wheel     32 Aug 27 21:05 owncloudbackup/

rogerh

Guru
That looks alright. Did the SSH test in the manual work correctly? You say you tried zfs send pool_usb/jails | ssh -i /data/ssh/replication localhost zfs receive Media/Backup" What about trying it with the name of an actual snapshot, which you can get from the "snapshots" dialogue under "storage". Like this: "zfs send pool_usb/jails/<name_of_snapshot> | ssh -i /data/ssh/replication localhost zfs receive Media/Backup". The reason I suggest this is that my reading of man zfs is that you can't replicate a filesystem to a mounted dataset, but you can replicate a snapshot. Of course, the replication task should be doing this anyway, but at least the error message from the above command could be useful.

But basically I don't know why it doesn't work. What you could do if you want is to revert to a previous boot version under System/boot and try to set up a replication task in the older version, as it was definitely working then.

ArgaWoW

Patron
hi,
whene it do in cli:

Code:
zfs send pool_usb/jails@auto-20150828.1609-2w | ssh -i /data/ssh/replication localhost zfs receive Media/Backup@auto-20150828.1609-2w

it works. But not in GUI. And it words only one time. When i try again i got an error:
Code:
cannot receive new filesystem stream: destination 'Media/Backup' exists
must specify -F to overwrite it

I am searching for the -F opition where i have to set it. Is it possbile to run replication as cron-job e.g.?

Thanks for reply

rogerh

Guru
hi,
whene it do in cli:

Code:
zfs send pool_usb/jails@auto-20150828.1609-2w | ssh -i /data/ssh/replication localhost zfs receive Media/Backup@auto-20150828.1609-2w

it works. But not in GUI. And it words only one time. When i try again i got an error:
Code:
cannot receive new filesystem stream: destination 'Media/Backup' exists
must specify -F to overwrite it

I am searching for the -F opition where i have to set it. Is it possbile to run replication as cron-job e.g.?

Thanks for reply
What happens when you try:

zfs send pool_usb/jails/jails@auto-20150828.1609-2w | ssh -i /data/ssh/replication localhost zfs receive Media/Backup/

This should produce a new 'jails' dataset in Media/Backup. And it should be possible to send further, newer snapshots.

ArgaWoW

Patron
I think it's will work. I have to write the snapshot name in the target e.g.
zfs send pool_usb/jails/jails@auto-20150828.1609-2w | ssh -i /data/ssh/replication localhost zfs receive Media/Backup/auto-20150828.1609-2w
to create a new directory for each snapshot.

But... I want to have this automaticly. ... I can't understand wy the task in ui don't work for me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.