Replication fails (on non-existent snapshot?)

TooMuchData

Contributor
Hi folks.

Replication has been running flawlessly for months, but as of yesterday, I'm getting this error message:

Replication zVol/iocage -> 192.168.0.22:ts140tank/backup failed: Failed: zVol/iocage/releases/11.2-RELEASE/root (auto-20190329.0030-3d->emby)

I can find no such snapshot, and the zVol/iocage/releases/11.2-RELEASE/ directory does not contain a root directory or file. I suspect that I don't understand the message elements.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

TooMuchData

Contributor
I found snapshots for zVol/iocage/releases/11.2-RELEASE/root using the legacy GUI. Don't know why I didn't find them in the new GUI. Probably pilot error.

I deleted the snapshots one by one, and watched the error message change. There are now two snapshots in that I cannot delete:
zVol/iocage/releases/11.2-RELEASE/root@emby, and zVol/iocage/releases/11.2-RELEASE/root@MiniDLNA. I gather there is dataset is "zVol/iocage/releases/11.2-RELEASE" which contains a dataset named "/root" and the snapshots of it are named "emby" and "MiniDLNA".

My error message is now:
Replication zVol/iocage -> 192.168.0.22:ts140tank/backup failed: Failed: zVol/iocage/releases/11.2-RELEASE/root (MiniDLNA->emby).

Any suggestions? Any logs for replication?

TooMuchData

Contributor
Looked on the receiving server. Found ts140tank/backup/iocage/releases/11.1-RELEASE and ts140tank/backup/iocage/releases/11.2-RELEASE datasets had permissions of 0000! Must have happened during a replication, but when and how are a mystery. Deleted the ts140tank/backup/iocage/releases dataset, and replication then worked.

We'll see if the problem reemerges.