Replication failed emails after 9.10

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDubiousDubber

Contributor
I am getting emails on the hour regarding the failed replication of /mnt/main/jails/Plex. It is my only snapshot of a jail, all other snapshots are of other datasets which appear to be unaffected. It takes snapshots every hour and I have been getting the following email every time:

Hello,
The replication failed for the local ZFS main/jails/Plex while attempting to apply incremental send of snapshot auto-20160412.1000-2w -> auto-20160412.1100-2w to 192.168.10.105.

This is also followed by a critical alert email regarding the same thing. I did some searching and it appears others have had this problem in the past, but was fixed with an update. I had no problems in the past, but appears to have been caused by the update to 9.10.

Normally my problems have already happened to others. I'm not sure what to do here so figured I'd start by posting this before attempting to file a bug report or what have you.

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
What is your encryption cipher set to?

D

dlavigne

Are you at the latest update? If not, does updating fix it?

If not, does checking the box "Delete stale snapshots" fix it?

TheDubiousDubber

Contributor
I'm on the latest version of 9.10 stable. Delete stale snapshots box is already checked.

The odd part is that everything appears to be working still. Replication succeeds, despite the error.

D

dlavigne

Replication succeeds, despite the error.

Good to hear that replication succeeds. Worthwhile reporting the false alert at bugs.freenas.org. When you do, include a debug (created using System -> Advanced -> Save Debug) and post the issue number here.

TheDubiousDubber

Contributor
Bug filed here #14678

Added note. I changed replication to a less frequent backup (once a day instead of every hour). I didn't want to deal with the mass amount of emails. It does appear though, that the less frequent backup results in a larger backup, so when it does run, I get 3-4 emails regarding the failure, rather than one every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.