Getting replication failed emails after rollback from Corral

Status
Not open for further replies.

scurrier

Patron
Hi All,

I upgraded to Corral and after some pain it finally booted. But, it broke my iSCSI setup and broke my localhost replication backup scheme. I loved the rest of it, but this was unacceptable so I sadly rolled back.

After going back to the latest 9.10, I started getting replication emails that I never got before.

Code:
Replication firstvol/firstmain -> localhost:backupone/bfirstmain failed: Failed: firstvol/firstmain (auto-20170321.2332-30h->auto-20170321.2342-30h)

Interestingly, the replication appears to actually have been successful. I see matching names for snapshots in the source and target datasets.

I'd like to stop getting spammed with email. How can I jar FreeNAS 9.10 into realizing that the replication actually succeeded? Or how should I further confirm that it is actually succeeding?

scurrier

Patron
I'm also seeing the following in the console:

Code:
Mar 22 00:24:31 thumper kernel: pid 28967 (zfs), uid 0: exited on signal 6 (core dumped)

Past threads have indicated that this will happen when updating, booting, or shutdown, but I am getting it constantly. ZFS is exiting with a core dump? That can only be good, right? Hold me, I'm scared.

scurrier

Patron
I also note that despite the email subject "Critical alert," the alert does not appear in the alert system stoplight within FreeNAS.

scurrier

Patron
I left the GUI open and came back and saw the stoplight was red. I think a snapshot happened during this time and tried to be sent. When I clicked the stoplight, it went back to no red. I'm thinking that something temporary is tripping the email and then gets resolved quickly.

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
That is very weird, we have never seen that before. Could be because of custom changes to ZFS in Corral.

Can you open a ticket in bugs.freenas.org and attach zfs get -r aclmode tank?

Last edited by a moderator:

scurrier

Patron
Status
Not open for further replies.