Replication adding an unwanted sub-dataset

Status
Not open for further replies.

fullspeed

Contributor
So I already have two Freenas file servers (FS05/FS06), FS05 replicating all its datasets to FS06

Volume Dataset: storage01/backups
Remote ZFS Volume/Dataset: storage01

Works like a champion on those servers but I'm trying to setup two new file servers FS07/FS08 in an identical fashion but instead of storage01\backups I get:

storage01\backups\backups

I've pre-created "backups" on the remote side but I'm pointing replication at the root (storage01) so it should just populate storage01\backups.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.. if its an order of operations thing or a step i'm missing? Thanks

D

dlavigne

Which build version on the systems (from System -> Information)? The latest SU had changes to the replication backend.

fullspeed

Contributor
Last edited:

fullspeed

Contributor
For reference my working systems are running

FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201506292130

fullspeed

Contributor
That's what I suspected....

Ok no worries, So should I revert back ? the only problem on my end is it would be the "Initial Install" and I would lose all my configuration.

Or is there a fix coming / workaround?

Let me know.
Thank you

D

dlavigne

Another SU with fixes is currently being tested and should be pushed out shortly. I'd suspect either by end of this week or early next week, depending upon how testing goes.

rogerh

Guru
Ok no worries, So should I revert back ? the only problem on my end is it would be the "Initial Install" and I would lose all my configuration.

Or is there a fix coming / workaround?

Let me know.
Thank you
If you are going to revert, I would recommend deleting the replication task, and possibly the underlying snapshot task first. I got lots of new and interesting problems with the old replication task trying to work on snapshots the new replication task had touched. And also problems with the snapshot task, which may be related to 201508250051 or possibly to the fact that I reverted to 20150629xxxx and then back to201508250051.

fullspeed

Contributor
If you are going to revert, I would recommend deleting the replication task, and possibly the underlying snapshot task first. I got lots of new and interesting problems with the old replication task trying to work on snapshots the new replication task had touched. And also problems with the snapshot task, which may be related to 201508250051 or possibly to the fact that I reverted to 20150629xxxx and then back to201508250051.

I turned snapshots off for now, I'm doing an initial ingest of files right now.. (about 4TB total only) and once replication is fixed I'll turn on snapshots first then replication.

I don't think I'll revert because I'll lose all my configuration which took a long time.

fullspeed

Contributor
So looks like the fix got released, I downloaded the latest version and we're back in business!

Replication is fixed, thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.