Dataset not mounting? folder shows empty

Status
Not open for further replies.

fullspeed

Contributor
Hey Guys,

So I have my main file server replicated off site FS05->FS06, we had an issue where it filled up and needed to purge snapshots quickly. I navigated to the share today only to see the directory empty.

I'm looking at the GUI and I can see that there is data, but its doesn't appear to be mounted.
upload_2015-4-20_14-9-45.png

I noticed it doesn't show up in DF via the CLI as well.

I had turned off snapshots/replication on the push server (FS05) then purged some snapshots on FS06 and turned it back on. I'm thinking it might have set the dataset to read only?

All the other datasets are fine, all the data is there. My gut feeling is re-enabling replication caused an issue, because it starts with dbbackups first before the rest of them push out.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
You could start by posting your debug file. That will have lots of information in it to help solve this. Mainly looking for zfs history output so we can see what was actually mounted.

fullspeed

Contributor
You could start by posting your debug file. That will have lots of information in it to help solve this. Mainly looking for zfs history output so we can see what was actually mounted.

I was right, it was unmounted but im not sure why it did that.

Found mount point via "zfs list" then used "zfs mount storage01/dbbackups"

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.