Replacing Failed HDD/Drive from Encrypted Pool on TrueNAS Core, NOT working.

Hrishee

Cadet
Hello Team,

Hope you all are doing well!

I've a prod-pool of 5 HDD's/Disks, consisting of 2 TB HDD's/drives and one of the drive failed. (I'm using zraid2)

I've removed that drive and replaced it in the system physically & when I go to replace option and select the disk and click force replace, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HAPPENS. (New Drive is also of 2 TB).

So not sure whats the issue. tried rebooting multiple times and even on different days, still no luck, same issue persists.

I've gone through the below links, but could not find anything that worked for me, hence need all of your help to resolve this issue.

9.4.1.1. Replacing an Encrypted Disk
9.2.2. Managing Encrypted Pools

PFA, 5 screenshots that give more details of the drive status and the pool status & drive details. It also has system details with FreeNAS Core version I'm using.

however, please feel free to let me know if you guys need any more details to help me further. (I'm a core Linux guy, so I'm fine even if you give me lot of complicated commands to run, I can do it fine.)

Thanks a lot in advance.

Looking forward to your positive responses :)

Attachments

• Configuration of NAS.PNG
    Configuration of NAS.PNG
    70.6 KB · Views: 83
  • New HDD - Disk Details.PNG
    New HDD - Disk Details.PNG
    14.4 KB · Views: 83
  • New HDD - Smart Test Results.PNG
    New HDD - Smart Test Results.PNG
    11.7 KB · Views: 76
  • Old (Faulty) HDD is taken Offline and New one inserted into the system.PNG
    Old (Faulty) HDD is taken Offline and New one inserted into the system.PNG
    12.7 KB · Views: 86
  • Working HDD's of the pool and the New HDD.PNG
    Working HDD's of the pool and the New HDD.PNG
    8.1 KB · Views: 82

Whattteva

Wizard
(I'm a core Linux guy, so I'm fine even if you give me lot of complicated commands to run, I can do it fine.)
Well, since you're a "core Linux guy", I would've expected you to at least check the logs to see if there's anything that looks out of the ordinary?

Redcoat

MVP