Replace a One disk degraded pool

Ph0nX

Cadet
Hi all
I'm pretty ignorant on Zfs but still I have run an external zfs pool backing up my main zfs backup pool.
This backup pool is just a one disk setup as all the redudancy is on the main system.

The disk is an external 5To drive and everything worked so far ... Until it fall down and I have now a still working pool but tagged degraded.
So I bought the exact same drive (5to) which is now mount on the external system as da1 (the degraded is da0)

My question is simple I guess but I'd like to avoid mistakes
How do I replace tha deprecated drive by the new one ?

I was thinking of creating the new pool, set a replication task to sync the data and when all is in sync, remove the old pool. I will have to change the target of my main backup replication task also.
That sounds a little complicated and so I was looking for other suggestions ... Or a validation that my path will work

By advance thanks

Stephane

danb35

Hall of Famer
That sounds a little complicated
Don't see why, but there are other ways to do it. The simplest is probably to plug in the new disk, then use the GUI's disk replacement feature.

Ph0nX

Cadet
Thx Dan, I ve noticed the replacement feature but I was worried ending with no data on the replaced disk. Keep in mind that I don't have any mirroring. Just one disk.
Will it sync the data automatically with this GUI option ?

Stef