Disk replace issues

cpf_

Cadet
Hi all,

When trying to replace a disk, I think I have made some errors, and I'm hoping to get some advice here.

The situation: I have a pool full of 2-disk mirrors (in total 4 mirrors)
One of the disks was starting to show too many errors, and I wanted to replace pre-emptively (I have cold spares on hand)

I put the disk to be replaced in offline, swapped the physical disks out, and wanted to replace the offlined disk. I encountered 2 issues there:
1. I was unable to select the new disk as a replacement disk
2. The new disk registered as the same in the system (da0 -> da0), probably causing an issue or 2 trying to replace da0 with da0

In trying to resolve that, I removed da0 from my pool, thinking I can re-add it later to resilver on my mirror again.

My mistake it seems, since now I cannot easily (using the UI) add the disk to the pool, and (re-)create the mirror again.

I've run a zfs pool with freebsd in the past, and can probably do this using terminal, but I've noticed in the past freenas doesn't necessarily like it if manual actions were done.

My question is: How can I repair my mirror, add my new drive (the pairing is supposed to be da1 and da0 now). Is it possible using the UI to restore the mistakes I made, or should I go to the terminal to resolve this?
The pool itself is still online (and no longer degraded of course, because of removing the disk), and mostly healthy. da1 can survive a while on its own, it's just a status I'm not comfortable with in the long run and would like to resolve asap.

Thanks for any assistance (Even if it's just: Do it manually)