Reduced space on boot partition.

OmarNoah

Dabbler
Good afternoon, I have this problem with my brake service, all the documentation tells me how to extend dataset's, but I cannot find information on how to expand this partition on time, the system boot partition, I do not know how to extend it, and I am quite concerned because the performance is affected too much.

1584051584070.png

I will be eternally grateful if you could help me.

Thank's

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
If you go to the System | Boot settings, delete some of the older boot environments you have.

OmarNoah

Dabbler
That's the weirdest thing, I don't have any more old installations, I don't know what to do: /

1584105341017.png

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
OK, so it looks to me like you're storing files on your boot pool... this is not good.

You need to find where they are and find somewhere else to put them.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
You might like to use du -sh /usr (as an example) to find the size of each of the directories in the root of your install, then dig in with each path to get to the big volume of data.

People would usually use /root as one of the locations that catch files by accident.

OmarNoah

Dabbler
ejecuta el comando y esto es lo que aparece

1584114708480.png

E ingrese esa carpeta y eso me parece, pero bueno, me preocupa eliminar algo allí y que el sistema falle.

1584116766424.png

¿Qué puedo hacer?

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
/usr was just one example.

Seems it was only 656 MB, so probably not the issue.

Try /root or other directories in / to see which one has more than 10GB in it.

OmarNoah

Dabbler
Hola, encontré el problema, la carpeta / home está almacenando este tipo de datos, que entiendo corresponde a los permisos asignados a algunos usuarios.

1584138855882.png

But how can I move them from there, how can I not generate them there if not on another partition, and if I can't, how can I expand that unit, the root \, so that it has more space.

Thanks for reading seriously, I am too concerned with this topic.

danb35

Hall of Famer
Please don't post images of what you're seeing--text copy/paste is much easier to read. But you've got 16 GB in your /home directory, which is on your boot device. That's bad; your user home directories should be somewhere on your pool. In the short term, you can move the files using the mv command, or if you aren't comfortable with the Unix command line, you can use mc instead. But that's what you need to do: (1) move the contents of /home to somewhere under /mnt/poolname, and (2) make sure the home directories of your users aren't at /home.

OmarNoah

Dabbler
well, I will attend to your suggestion about the images.

I thought about moving that directory, but precisely, I don't want to leave someone without access, how could I validate that the home directories of the users aren't at /home.?

sretalla