Recovery from replication

Gen8 Runner

Contributor
Hey there,
like, i think many, I am at the moment upgrading from FreeNAS to TrueNAS.

My old pool in FreeNAS was encrypted, so I also wanted to change to the new encryption-algorhythm in TrueNAS and consequently did following:
1. Checked, if all snapshots were replicated to my BackupServer
2. Destroyed the pool on my main TrueNAS machine
3. Chose "Restore" on Tasks -> Replication tasks
4. Started replication

All snapshots were pulled from my backup-machine to my main TrueNAS machine, but immediately after replication starts, there is a lock on the dataset and I cannot change the permissions. Consequently it is not possible to access the data.
What to do, to use it like always, for SMB sharing etc.?

I already tried zfs set readonly=off Pool/Dataset, but it still has the lock and I cannot do anything else.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot!

JaimieV

Guru
You say "immediately after replication starts" - you have to wait for the initial replication to complete before you can use the pool normally.

Gen8 Runner

Contributor
Even after finishing all the replication back to the main server, the lock remained on the dataset. Also after changing the permissions and remove the "read only".

In general replication was not a flawless feature this time. Had also several problems for the naming scheme (looks like over the years, the pre-naming scheme by freenas was changed for snapshots, e.g. %Y%m%d to &Y.%m.%d or %Y-%m%d etc.).

I ended up in copying all the data back by rsync and now setup everything from zero (snapshots, replication tasks etc.).