Recommendations for jail install

Status
Not open for further replies.

1337Hacker

Dabbler
Running 11.1-U6 and the beta GUI no longer exists. I'm recreating all my datasets because I'm switching from mirror to RAIDZ2.

I'm not too familiar with cmd, but I believe I would have to install and manage the jail through that if I wanted to use iocage. Can someone link the most up-to-date guide on that procedure (would this work: https://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/how-to-create-freenas-jails-with-iocage/)?

Also, if I destroy and recreate datasets, what do I do about the "iocage" dataset that was created when I used the new GUI in U4? Can I manually recreate that or will that cause issues?

Because of the previous point, would anyone recommend installing the jails as warden for the time being? (Hoping for a migration tool in future releases)

kdragon75

Wizard

sretalla