Recent change in how Replication works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone else noticed a recent change in how Replication works regarding setup?

Previously I would point my snapshot dataset (lets call it Archive, tank/Data/Archive) to the parent dataset on my replication system (lets call it tank) and it auto did the rest i.e. created the datasets on the replica machine and transferred the data (so tank/Data/Archive).

In the latest version 9.3 Stable 201512121950 this doesn't seem to work. Now in order to get replication to work I have to create the dataset/s I wish to replicate on the replicant first (so I create a dataset called Data off tank and then Archive off Data giving me tank/Data/Archive) and then it works otherwise it tells me those dataset/s don't exist. After you have done this is works fine and if you add future datasets on the primary so tank/Data/Archive/New they are auto replicated but it just seemed strange why it would have changed.

I've tried it on two different systems and it does exactly the same thing. Has anyone else noticed this?

gpsguy

Search the forum for a thread "Major replication issues ..."

Sent from my phone

Thanks.

I didn't realise it was a known bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.