Periodic Snapshots timing and replication tasks

onlineforums

Explorer
I have two FreeNAS boxes on the same network. I'm curious about properly organizing replication tasks.

My dataaset general structure is:

tank/share
tank/share/archive
tank/share/current

I'm looking to daily snapshot tank/share and tank/share/current as one periodic snapshot task (I believe I would set this up as RECURSIVE with EXCLUDE: tank/share/archive) and keep for 2 weeks.

I'm looking to monthly snapshot tank/share/archive and keep for 2 years.

My questions are the following:
1. Can you set a ZFS property on an already created snapshot to change its "Snapshot Lifetime"? Does such a snapshot property even exist? If not, how does FreeNAS know when to destroy a snapshot?

2. For my tank/share/archive this is a monthly periodic snapshot set to go on the 1st of each month. I haven't yet done a snapshot on it. Can I do a custom period of the already created monthly periodic snapshot task to update to a few minutes from now and then create a replication task to do the "RUN NOW" to send it over and then simply change the source periodic snapshot task to the 1st of each month and then every subsequent snapshot will take place on the first (August 1st next one) and the replication task will send on August 1st? I want to data the tank/share/archive snapshot over now, but a snapshot doesn't yet exist on the source box.

I'm trying to wrap my head around how things will look weeks, months, and years into the future so desiring to organize this correct now to avoid issues in the future if I ever need to snag data from the destination FreenNAS box. Any great write ups on using period snapshot tasks and replication tasks outside of the official manual?