Reboot loop commences after approx 10 mins of running

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dainis Berzins

Dabbler
Although I have used Asus before, my faith in Asus (vs Intel) is as shaky as yours. That's why I have a Xeon processor already on it's way to me.

I'm probing this further with Intel to challenge Asus' assertions that all is fine and dandy, but my mind's made up who I trust in this question. Feels strange to write that after Intel has acknowledged incorrect info in Ark, but honesty builds trust.

Dainis Berzins

Dabbler
OK, so just to wrap up this thread:
  • Intel say they have not tested the C216 chipset with desktop processors and offer to trust Asus if they say it works. This does not convince me and I would not try this. More to the point, since Asus say only the Xeon processors will support ECC with this motherboard, there is no point trying.
  • I replaced the processor with a Xeon. That was not sufficient to prevent the reboot loops.
  • I then replaced the PSU with a SeaSonic S12G 450W. That did the trick even though I could find nothing to suggest that there was any particular fault with the previous PSU.
So my FreeNAS setup is up and running. Thanks to all who helped me diagnose these issues!

Status
Not open for further replies.