RAID card running as SATA passthrough (RS2WC040)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zredwire

Explorer
On my cards I had to use sas2flashv5 to flash from Dell IR to Dell IT firmware. From there I used sas2flashv5 to flash from Dell IT firmware to LSI P7 firmware. Then used the lastest sas2flash version to update the LSI P7 firmware to LSI P20 firmware. On my first controller it took me over an hour to figure it all out. On my second controller it took me about 10 minutes to flash, lol.

If I did not do it in that order then sas2flash would tell me it can't find an LSI card.

Funny... as you were typing this, I was figuring out that I needed to start earlier in the documentation (it doesn't really tell you what to do... but from all the other tidbits of information... I needed to go from factory to P10 (I believe)... then it looks like I need to move to P11... THEN P20 ...
So, I do have it in IT mode as of now... and looks like I can progress pretty well from here on out. Thanks guys for all the help!!!
Hopefully, someone will stumble across this in the future and read it and know what to do :)

Status
Not open for further replies.