Questions for Asrock E3C226D2I/E3C224DI owners ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrisBee

Wizard
I'm setting up an Asrock E3C226D2I based box and I'm in early stages of checking hardware etc. This still has BMC firmware 0.22.0 and BIOS P2.10. I'm accessing the IPMI webui &java console with Oracle JRE 8u121 for the moment.

1. I'm seeing these "system time change detected" messages and logged events when using the java console. Date & time is set correctly & BIOS CMOS battery is new. NTP is not configured in megarac SP, but ntp is installed on the OS (linux for the moment). Thought this might be a timeout function when using the java console, but perhaps it's a more fundamental misconfiguration/problem. Any ideas?

asrock_mesg.jpeg

asrock_events.jpeg

2. Is this still the correct and safe procedure to update the BMC firmware? http://www.asrockrack.com/support/faq.asp?id=6

3. I'm using a xeon e3-1220v3 on this m/board and the Asrock megarac SP sensors show a vcore of 1.75V! Surely that can't be right?

KrisBee

Wizard
Problem 1 above seems to have been related to the first LiveCD I'd picked for basic CPU stress test.

It was soon evident that the so called [SMART FAN] control settings via the BMC chip are perhaps not so smart.

Can't find anything about the very high Vcore value as shown by IPMI sensors. I'm always nervous about BIOS and/or firmware upgrades, but it probably needs to be done. BIOS upgrade first?

Status
Not open for further replies.