Issues with E3C224D4I-14S (No POST?)

intelligence

Explorer
I’ve been using this build for a couple of years now and for most part it’s been working great, however now I can’t seem to boot the system anymore. Friday night I realized that the box wasn’t responding, the day after I fired up my IE10 VM (with ancient Java) to investigate the state of the box. IPMI was up and running, but when trying ”Console Redirection” no image/video feed was shown.

Upon rebooting I was able to get into BIOS while hammering the DEL button and everything seemed fine. Trying to boot up FreeNAS I had some issues as it seemed like the box kept dying during the OS boot. I figured that the USB with the OS on it was faulty so I switched it out. Install went fine, but after uploading my config in the WebUI and did the obligatory reboot, after that I'm not able to get video via Console Redirection and no beep when hammering DEL.

I’ve tried removing all RAM and tried inserting them one by one in A1 slot, no dice. Also tried another PSU. BMC led is blinking. I can access IPMI just fine. CPU fan spins up, drives spin up.

Eventlog in IPMI:
https://i.imgur.com/waQ7yUz.png

Specs:
E3C224D4I-14S (firmware: 0.18.00)
Intel Xeon E3-1241V3
4 x Kingston ValueRAM Server Premier 8GB 1600MHz DDR3L DIMM 240-pin

Any ideas what I can do now to try and find out what’s wrong?

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Usually when a board fails to POST, it's either RAM or CPU. Did you try another slot besides A1?

intelligence

Explorer
I tried a couple of the slots now, didn't do anything unfortunately.
Also removed battery for a couple of minutes.

BMC_LED is now glowing with a solid but faint green. Not the strong flashing green anymore.

Edit: Cannot access via IPMI anylonger.

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Yeah, looks like the board is dying.