question regarding iocage jail and static IP address

Michael De Cou

Explorer
Hi all,

I have been running an iocage jail for Plex, using a static IP address over a bridge. When I first setup the jail on 11.1, I used the GUI in Freenas and was able to set the IP address and netmask in the wizard, and I did not have to select the IPv4 Interface.

I have just re-created the jail using 11.2 to get to the p7 release, and I am now required to select the interface. The problem i find is that if I select vnet0, i get an error stating that there is a vnet failure. The problem is that if i use any other interfaces listed, I get no connectivity. Any suggestions?

Capture.JPG
Failure.JPG

KrisBee

Wizard
The presence of a "epair0b" in the drop-down interface list could be the source of your VNET failure. Please post the output of ifconfig and iocage list -l

Did you add any tunables to keep iocage working in the series FN11.1 , and have you removed them?

You said "I have just re-created the jail using 11.2 to get to the p7 release, and I am now required to select the interface." - Do you mean you have already re-created the jail and are now editing its network properties, which fails? Or, do you mean you are trying to re-create it, but it fails?

dtom10

Explorer
Maybe it's worthwhile to check :

1546856848600.png

Under network properties page of your jail.

KrisBee

Wizard
Maybe it's worthwhile to check :

View attachment 27605

Under network properties page of your jail.

Manual says: "Default network interface used for the VNET bridge interface in the jail. Only takes effect when VNET is set and bridge interfaces are not active." OP clearly has a bridge in use.