Question about Storage Space

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuwcd

Cadet
My FreeNas system has a Critical alert that says "The capacity for the volume pool0 is currently at 90%, while the recommended value is below 80%." I share a 69TB volume out via iSCSI. I connect to the FreeNas system via iSCSI with one windows server 2012. The Drive that is connected to the iSCSI reports that there is 20.8 TB free while the FreeNas GUI says that there is 4.3 Tib Avalable. I do not run any snapshots. I am trying to figure where the difference is? I am new to FreeNas. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. I am running FreeNAS-11.1-RELEASE. I am using the large volume for a landing spot for my backups.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Is your zvol larger than 60% of your usable storage? It should not be for best practices and that 69TB zvol is probably using up your space.

Last edited:

cuwcd

Cadet
Just a little bit. Here is a screen shot. What do you mean when you say the 60TB zvol is using up my space.
upload_2017-12-21_7-32-20.png

danb35

Hall of Famer
What do you mean when you say the 60TB zvol is using up my space.
Just what he says--that iSCSI extent is going to use the space for that volume, whether or not the client is using it. If you need 60TB of block storage, you really need 100+ TB of usable pool capacity.

cuwcd

Cadet
Thank you for your replies. I am still learning about the zfs file system.

Status
Not open for further replies.