Progressive memory and cpu usage in 12.0-U8

rogerh

Guru
Since at least version 11 of FreeNAS I have experienced increasing memory and CPU use over days, with varying speeds, and varying effects on performance. See sig., I am using an HP series 7 Microserver which has Broadcom and Intel NICs and an HP ipmi-type card. Currently I have no running jails and load is intermittent and well within its capabilities despite the rising memory and CPU usage. Currently on the latest stable 12.0-U8. As can be seen ARC falls to less than 1GB of the 16GB after about 3 weeks and CPU usage is four times that immediately after boot on average. Restarting collectd has no effect but restarting middlewared is responsible for the *partial* improvement seen in the below screenshots a day or so before the end.

I am not sure what happens if I leave it without rebooting or restarting middlewared, but I have suffered unexplained reboots over the years which may or may not be associated.

Does anyone think I can actually do anything to investigate this, or should I just reboot when it gets tedious?
Screenshot 2022-03-13 at 22.22.12.png
Screenshot 2022-03-13 at 22.24.26.png

Nick2253

Wizard

rogerh

Guru
Thanks for the suggestion but I am using the FreeNAS default lz4 compression.