Problems creating multi-NIC aggregated connection

Gideon-IT

Cadet
I am setting up TrueNAS CORE 13 on a PC with a built-in gigabit NIC to which I've added a twin-gigabit port PCIe card. If I just do the default networking then all three NIC's pick up an IP address from the DHCP server and the web interface is visible on all three. I unplugged and disabled the ethernet from the built-in NIC and then using the text console I tried to aggregate the twin-ports on the add-in card (I've tried *ALL* of available options; lacp, load-balance etc) and the web-interface refuses to start.

I've also tried using the web GUI to add an additional lagg adapter and assigned the two physical adapters to it - same result. No connection.

What the heck am I doing wrong?

I've done network adapter teaming on Windows for years without any issues and the network switch I have (a TP-Link TL-SG1016DE) is perfectly fine running my Windows 2022 Server PC with a twin-port NIC.

Before I take the ludicrous and extreme step of installing Windows, Hyper-V, setting up adapter teaming in there and then installing TrueNAS into a VM can anyone point me in the right direction.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
What the heck am I doing wrong?

Your switch, according to TP-Link, is only capable of static link aggregation, not LACP.

Please see

Also see

Gideon-IT

Cadet
JGRECO - I tried all the other options too and none worked. Is there an option in TrueNAS to set up something that is compatible with static link aggregation?