problems copying large files from external drive to freenas share

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmitchell

Cadet
I had originally setup Freenas 9.2.1.5, added it to my AD, create volume and share. then i copied up a couple TB of data to it with no problems. now all of a sudden i'm getting an error when trying to copy up larger files from and external HD i have. It doesn't make any sense...so her goes.

i get the following error.
"You need permission to perform this action"
"You require permission from [MyDomain]/administrator to make changes to this folder"

the mind numbing issue is that it doesn't do this for every file. one folder i have has 10 files in it. the 3 files that are 13MB, 95MB, & 140MB all copy over fine. the other 7 which are 700MB and larger files will not transfer. now if i try and copy a 1GB file that did not come from this external drive it copies fine....

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Is the external HD connected to a windows workstation? Are you using a domain admin account to copy the files? Have you configured access controls for the share? If so, does the user account have "write" and "modify" permissions?

jmitchell

Cadet
Yes HD is connected to win7 workstation. yes it is a domain admin account. and yes the share is configured since i can copy some files but not others. and yes my account does have full control. the problem is i have 10 files created by the same person on the same machine with the only difference being the larger files won't copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.