Problems accessing my TrueNAS SMB shares from Windows10

Gert Hansen

Cadet
Dear all
I have used FreeNas fo many years... really have been glad for this product.. really awesome Shared Storage system :smile:
For ½ year ago I decided to install the TrueNAS v.12 instead... (I know the ACL's has changed) and since I have had huge issues accessing my shares from Windows10 machines

Could anyone guide me how to extacly set up and configure a StoragePool & WindowsSMB regarding ACLs' etc... I have nearly giving up.. have tried a lots of things setting registry settings etc. I can see the Shares from thenWindows10 client, but as soon I browse them I being asked for credentials and I have tried with user created on the TrueNas without success :-(

Please help me... Thanks
Frustrad TrueNas user :smile: (But still 100% happy & love the product)

Reactions: ECC

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Try authenticating with <name of your TrueNAS server>\<TrueNAS account name> to your share, instead of just your account name. Make sure that account has a password assigned, and use that same password.

Gert Hansen

Cadet
Try authenticating with <name of your TrueNAS server>\<TrueNAS account name> to your share, instead of just your account name. Make sure that account has a password assigned, and use that same password.

Hi Samuel. Thanks for your suggestion, but this has unfortunetaly also been tried..without any differens. therefore Im searching a guide which can insure I configure my ACL settings etc. correct on my FreeNas.