Problem with iTunes watchfolder

Status
Not open for further replies.

unca_NAS

Explorer
Using Sab + Headphones for music downloading. When the DL is finished, its moved to "finished"-folder. Then HP renames it at transfers the folder to itunes-dataset, "Automatically Add To iTunes"-folder.

Finished product has correct linux rights 777 nobody:mygroup. When accessed via CIFS-share using Windows Explorer, all new subfolders are read-only. Unticking the read-only option triggers error with requiring "elevated rights". If I run explorer from elevated command prompt, no difference. Trying to change the owner via Win Explorer fails too: "permission denied".

Headphones and Sab have setting "777 for downloaded files and folders".

Same dataset-permissions work perfectly on other datasets, I can read, write and delete files and folder from Freenas-shell and Win Explorer.

Am I missing some obvious step here?

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Using Sab + Headphones for music downloading. When the DL is finished, its moved to "finished"-folder. Then HP renames it at transfers the folder to itunes-dataset, "Automatically Add To iTunes"-folder.

Finished product has correct linux rights 777 nobody:mygroup. When accessed via CIFS-share using Windows Explorer, all new subfolders are read-only. Unticking the read-only option triggers error with requiring "elevated rights". If I run explorer from elevated command prompt, no difference. Trying to change the owner via Win Explorer fails too: "permission denied".

Headphones and Sab have setting "777 for downloaded files and folders".

Same dataset-permissions work perfectly on other datasets, I can read, write and delete files and folder from Freenas-shell and Win Explorer.

Am I missing some obvious step here?
Post the following:
  • hardware specs
  • permission type of share (windows or unix)
  • /usr/local/etc/smb4.conf

Status
Not open for further replies.